TO CREATE AND FOSTER a spirit of understanding among all people for humanitarian needs, by providing voluntary services through community involvement and international cooperation.
The Seattle Lake City Lions Club is 41 members strong. Our motto is “We Serve”.
This past year the Club had been very busy serving the folks in the Lake City area. For example, the Club has put on fund raisers for the North Help Line, Sacajawea Elementary School, Olympic Hills Elementary School, and Wedgwood Elementary School PTA’s, and held our 42nd pancake breakfast for the Junior’s at Nathan Hale High School.
We take our motto to heart.
The Club has:
- Provided many eyeglasses and hearing aids for those in need, recycling 1500 pairs of eyeglasses and 50 hearing aids
- Tested 797 youngsters for eye and hearing problems at three elementary schools with our Health Screening Unit
- Donated 204 dictionaries to third grade youngsters at 4 local schools
- Installed 156 flags along the Lake City Way and in the Shoreline area on major holidays
- Installed the Christmas decorations along Lake City Way and decorated the Mini Park trees with holiday lighting.
- Hosted a 10 very successful, monthly Flea Markets
- Sponsored Fright Night, our traditional Halloween celebration for approximately 500 kids and parents
- Awarded scholarships to local students
- Were the parade marshal’s for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade in Seattle
- Help clean/paint buildings in the area which have been the target of graffiti vandals
This gives a thumb nail report of what your Lake City Lions do in the area to help improve the way of life and provided a service to those in need.
The Club is always looking for new members, so we can do bigger and better things for Lake City. For membership information please call Lion Gordy Smith at 206- 639- 8813 or Lion Joan Dickey at 206- 368- 0305, or complete our on-line contact form.
If you would like to attend a Lions Club Meeting, they are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at Elliott Bay Brewing Co. in Lake City. Dinner served at 5:45 pm followed by the Lions meeting at 6:45 pm. All are welcome.